I also like the books a lot, although I'll have to admit I haven't had the chance to read one through yet: My 6 year old will get very excited about the book, then I will read a chapter or two, and that will be enough for her. Of course, I don't expect to be able to read her more than one or two chapters at a time, but the problem is that I can never get her to come back to listen to more.
I should just read them on my own, but I had so wanted it to be something we could do together! She loves the dolls, and she likes to hear me talk about their time periods and things that were going on.
Hopefully it will all come in time. Reading was a very important part of my life growing up, so I think the whole AG concept is a brilliant one!